Ripe Pu-Erh Tea
Pu-erh tea is one of the 6 types of true teas. It is also called "dark tea". It is produced by withering, fixing and finally, fermentation of the tea leaves.
The result of the fermentation process produces various compounds that provide health benefits. In animal studies, pu-erh tea helps with stomach ulcer management. It also possesses neuroprotective properties.
(Awaken your tea. Remember to rinse the tea first)
- Use 1 tablespoon or 3 grams of tea
- Bring water to a slight boil, rest for 1 min.
- Add a small amount of water to the tea.
- Swirl for 3 secs. Throw the water out.
- Add 150ml-200 ml of water.
- Steep for 5 mins.
- Re-steep using longer brewing time, as desired.